Boston Can Feel Safe After Second Suspect Was Captured


Reporter: Dahlia Perez

On Friday, April 19th, the second suspect of the Boston bombing, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was captured in Watertown.

The two suspects of the Boston Bombings were Tamerlan Tsarnaev 26, and Dzokhar Tsarnaev 19, who are known to be immigrants from Russia. One of the suspects, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, had a confrontation with the police and was killed. Before they put the bombs in place, they had killed a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) security officer, robbed a 7-Eleven, high jacked a car and threw explosives at police officers perusing them.

The day of the Boston Marathon, April 15th, the first explosion occurred at 2:42 ET, and the second bomb exploded twelve seconds after the first one. Three people were killed, including an 8 year-old and 264 were injured in the scene.

 Many of the injured lost a limb and were taken to the hospital. That is where the Boston police, FBI and SWAT team came in to hunt down the suspect.

“I was shocked because you wouldn’t think about something like that happening during a marathon. It was just random and stupid,” commented Senior, Monica Rodas.

After the confrontation with the Boston police on April 19th, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, got in the vehicle, drove away and then abandoned the car four blocks from the site. Dzhokhar ran off by foot and he had the whole city of Boston on lockdown and a perimeter was created around the city of Watertown where the suspect was hiding. Police told all the citizens of Watertown to stay inside their homes, not open the door to anyone unless they were wearing a uniform and to call 911 if they saw anything suspicious.

A man who was in need of cigarette, stepped out to his backyard to smoke when he saw the plastic cover on top of his boat was torn open. He went to peek in and saw that it was the suspect. The man immediately called 911 and the suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was bleeding, due to a bullet that perforated his leg and mouth, was hiding inside the boat.

The police officers sent a robot to inspect if the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was armed and to see if there were any explosives with him. After they saw that he didn’t have anything, the police took him and noticed that he was wounded in the neck by a bullet. It is unknown if he tried to commit suicide or if he was wounded when police were shooting at him.

After he was taken into custody, he was transferred to a hospital where he was in critical condition due to a bullet that went through his cheek and came out in the back of his neck.

After being captured, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, will possibly face the death penalty, if convicted.